494 Visa - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
Home / Migration / 494 Visa - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa
What is the 494 Visa?
The Subclass 494 Visa is designed for addressing labor shortages in regional Australia. It enables employers in regional areas to sponsor skilled workers where local skilled labor isn't available. The visa is valid for five years and allows holders and their families to live, work, and study in designated regional areas.
Am I Eligible for the 494 Visa?
To qualify for the Subclass 494 Visa, applicants must:
• Be nominated by an approved work sponsor
• Have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
• Be under 45 years of age
• Meet minimum English language proficiency
• Have a suitable skills assessment for the nominated occupation
What's the Application Process?
The application process involves several steps:
1. Obtain a positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation
2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
3. Wait for an invitation to apply for the Skilled Visa
4. Apply for the visa upon receiving the invitation
Processing times vary based on application volumes, complexity, and other factors. Visit official government websites for the most accurate information on processing times.
What are the Costs Associated?
Government application fees start from AUD4,240, subject to variations based on the number of dependents included in the application and their age. Additionally, consultancy fees depend on individual circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Can the 494 Visa lead to Permanent Residency? The Subclass 494 Visa offers a pathway to Permanent Residency through the Subclass 191 Visa, provided specific criteria are met.
• What are the Obligations for Visa Holders? Visa holders must live, work, and study only in regional areas, complying with conditions set by the Australian government.
• Can I Change Employers? Yes, you can change employers, but it's subject to a new nomination and approval process.
The 494 Visa also entails specific employer and job offer requirements, including regional area restrictions, occupation eligibility, and a commitment to pay the Australian Market Salary Rate (AMSR).
Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Charges
The SAF levy for the Subclass 494 Visa varies based on the turnover of the sponsoring business.