Exploring the Australian Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
Home / Migration / Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
Unveiling Post-Study Opportunities in Australia
Understanding the Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Visa
What is the Temporary Graduate (485) Visa?
The Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Visa is tailored for international students completing at least two years of study in Australia. With flexible durations ranging from 18 months to four years, it serves as an avenue to extend your stay and enhance eligibility for future skilled or provisional visas
Streams and Eligibility Criteria
• Post Study Work Stream (PSWV): Tailored for higher education degree holders, granting a visa lasting two to four years based on qualifications.
• Graduate Work Stream: Aligned with occupations on the Skilled Occupation List, offering an 18-month visa.
Visa Application Requirements
• Location: Applicants must be onshore in Australia.
• Age: Main applicants need to be under 50 at the time of application.
• English Proficiency: Competent English language skills are mandatory.
• Study in Australia: Completion of a two-year study within six months of visa application.
Additional Criteria for Each Stream
• Post Study Work Stream (PSWV): Requirements based on first student visa grant and recent Australian study in relevant fields.
• Graduate Work Stream: Occupation nomination, skills assessment, and recent Australian study aligned with nominated occupation.
Family Inclusion and Visa Duration
• Family Members: Spouse/partner and dependent children in Australia can be included in the application.
• Visa Duration: Varies from 18 months to 4 years based on qualification and stream.
Entitlements and Visa Conditions
• Work Rights: Enjoy unrestricted work rights throughout the visa period.
• Health Insurance: Compulsory maintenance of private health insurance during the visa term.
Visa Application Costs and Review Process
• Application Fees: Detailed government charges for primary and secondary applicants.
• Visa Review: Options available in case of visa refusal or cancellation.
Transitioning to Permanent Residency
• Pathway Considerations: While not a direct pathway, certain occupations and meeting migration points test criteria open avenues for skilled or provisional visas.
• Employment Experience: Graduates gaining sufficient work experience may explore temporary or permanent employer-sponsored visa options.
Expert Guidance at Brasica Migration
For tailored advice and expert assistance in navigating the complexities of the Temporary Graduate 485 Visa, connect with Brasica Migration today! Explore your post-study prospects in Australia with confidence.